Things to keep in mind when installing an air conditioning unit
Are you thinking about installing an air conditioner in your home? Chances are you might already be on the lookout for aircon installation in Gold coast. It is important that installation is done the right way so as to ensure that you get the desired cooling. A unit which has not been installed properly would lead to frequent problems. This is why it is essential that you only call in the professionals to handle the installation process.
Make sure you consider the following things before installing an air conditioner unit.
Installation tips from aircon installation Gold Coast
Keeping these things in mind would ensure the proper installation of your cooling unit:
- There should be at least 15 cms of open space around the top and the side of the air conditioner to ensure proper airflow. Not keeping proper spacing between the wall and the AC unit could result in the unit getting damaged and improper cooling.
- It is important that the air conditioner should be at an appropriate height above the ground. The proper height is at least 7 to 8 feet in order to provide adequate cooling inside the room.
- It is advisable to fix the aluminum bracket at a tilted angle. This angle allows for uninterrupted flow of condensation water from the drain pipe and prevent it from draining into the room.
- The outdoor unit should be placed in the correct location. It should be placed away from direct sunlight and water. If there is no shade around you might need to build a small shed over the air conditioning unit so as to prevent it from getting damaged by the weather conditions. Also you need to make sure that there is ample space around the outer unit so the air can flow in an uninterrupted way any obstruction might cause blockage in the air flow and reduce the cooling.
- It is also necessary that the outdoor unit of the air conditioner should be placed on a flat and level surface. This unit comprises of components like the compressor, condenser and the fan motor. If it is not placed directly on the ground it might begin to vibrate and it could lead to the breakage of the pipe or cause the coolant to leak. The vibration would also mean a great deal of noise which could be a source of disturbance for your neighbors as well.
- Also there needs to be an appropriate distance between the outdoor and indoor cooling unit. This is one of the detrimental factors which regulate the air flow inside the room. The distance between these units should be as little as possible otherwise it might cause the coolant to flow between the copper tubes and lower the cooling effect
- Last but not the least always make sure that you hire a professional to handle the installation process. Doing things on your own my sounds simple but if you do not consider any of the above tips you may face problems later on.
The experts at Hinterland Air Conditioning will be glad to assist you with your air conditioning needs. Give them a call to employ their services.