Looking for commercial architects in Sydney? It should be kept in mind that the first step towards designing a high quality building is directly related to hiring a registered commercial architect. So how do you find an architect who is the right fit for your project? The following things would help you make a decision.
Interviewing a commercial architect in Sydney
When trying to find commercial architects in Sydney and how they work, these questions can come in pretty handy.
- Are they genuinely interested in your project? Get to know what they deem as the most critical and important part of the design process. An architect who takes out time to view your project and shows genuine interest in it should be your first choice. Some architects while ready for more work are often busier with other projects. This might at times hinder their involvement in a particular project.
- How they plan to approach the project, would they start with a new design or would rather help you make a choice from the designs which they have in the portfolio. Anyone looking to have a commercial space designed often have a vision in mind. Whether it’s unique or something inspired with what they have seen, it’s completely up to the architect how they tackle the project.
- Who would you be dealing with. Often an architectural firm has a team of architects working upon a single project. You would need to be in constant touch with someone. Get to know if you would be brief about the project and whether your input would be taken from time to time.
- How do they plan to charge the fee? Whether they take an initial advance payment and the rest after the completion of the project. Some architects prefer taking payments in the form of installments. Chalk out a payment plan which works for both you and your architect to set things on the right foot.
- Does the architect have a design philosophy? Most architects specialize in designing specific kinds of buildings. While some may concentrate on using sustainable materials or design green buildings, knowing the architects philosophy would help you make a decision when it comes to hiring one who is right for your project.
- Also choose an architect who has the right kind of experience in designing commercial buildings in Sydney. The fact that thy have designed commercial buildings before allows them to have an edge over their competitors. They have a basic idea of how thing work and what should go where to ensure that you can have a way of maximizing the space.
- Also when the design process is complete, do not forget to ask the architect to recommend you two or three builders. This is because an architect has a fairly good idea that which builder has the best ability to execute the process and the design of the complete project.